Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mascara - A Moment of therapy

A Day with Ty Ty- How our house incorporates mommy duties with Ty Ty therapy.
Also, See why I love the color green.











What happens when I leave my makeup out.

Now watch he shows me how he undid the top--(physical therapy no no the way he is sitting)









He is W sitting so before I proceed we, "Fix Legs, Tyler."











Now look here is a moment of speech with a little ot. We are moving our mouth saying, Hi Tyler and look at your mouth. OT for the way he is opening my mascara. The precision it takes to make his mustache work.





Finally, a moment of cleaning for critical self help skills. But, use your core muscles while we wash and I take a pic while you are balancing on my knee ( also a workout for mom- no step stool required). Gosh, I think the mirror along with the floor will now need a cleaning.







I guess I won't leave my makeup out. But, hey that was worth all of this progress. More to come I am sure. Never a dull moment here.

6 comments:

TxNyGirl said...

All I have to say is.....GO TY GO!!!! =) Way to hold that mascara! Wonderful grasp!=)
Paula- Ty's OT

All 4 My Gals said...

Thanks for making me laugh. Too funny!

Frogs' mom said...

Love it, Love it, Love it. Awsome "therapy" session - Good work TY!

School employees always look at me askew when I describe how I take advantage of the mess - but just look at the wonderful results you get when your kid is already invested (and you are going to have to clean it up anyways, why make an addition mess in the name of following the curriculum) Good Job Mom!

Anonymous said...

:D That's great! Thanks for sharing! We let our boy make messes (it's rare) if it's in any way beneficial from a therapy viewpoint! It's refreshing to see how you enjoyed and let him rather than being mad that he got into your makeup!! I'm going to bookmark you- I'd like to read more!

Wil's Wheels said...

I am laughing my butt off! Yeah, I have 4 sons and appreciate the heck out of this. LOL some more.

Melody 5M4SN

KC said...

That is very funny!