Thursday, July 17, 2008

Save some Green on Groceries

Its been a week, but I will get better at blogging more often.


First off - can I tell you how crazy the grocery prices are. In our house cookies-are tu-tu buns term for his favorite snack that my Husker has dubbed "poop pellets". Really they are granola bites. These are a very hot commodity with all, but mainly tu -tu buns. They used to be $1.89 and then $2.07 and now they are $2.47!!!! This has taken place in all of two months.


So, now because this is about green and money is green I have to share my new secret weapon. COUPONS! I know its not a secret weapon, but its something that is hard to take the time to do. When you have ADHD like me your coupons are nothing you need and nothing you normally buy. It turns into a waste of money because its not your normal food or things you need.


Here is what I ended up doing early in the AM while Hi-5 was on. I decided to make a list of all of the name brands I always get and then I spent an hour online going to each manufacturer looking for coupons or offers. Then, I registered and printed. If I there were none I googled the name with coupon to see if I could find any. The last thing I did was fill out all of the ones that they would send you later in the mail. The end result... I saved $18.00 on products that I normally buy - Not products I do not need.


My favorites - Click here and register seventh generation. Then check this saving blog out for hard to find items that you love. I will put more as I find them. Its a start and a way to save with the rising prices that are going as fast as gas or possibly faster.


Finally, still working on getting through the summer without going insane. We are more then half way there and now its time to get school supplies again. I have gotten some from Wally world, but really not many Green items. Our new Target opens in A WEEK!!! I will be one that has to go the opening day. It will be an outing for the kiddos and I. They have some school supplies that are green so I will finish the remainder then.

PS- My helper aka PJ reminded me in the frozen aisle that we forgot our bags. This was after she had to run and get an employee to clean the exploding soda can that I dropped. Luckily it was me, right? But, we parked our cart and went to the car to grab our bags.

1 comment:

paulawy said...

Those are great tips Suzie! I hate clipping coupons bc they are never for things I normally buy!