Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wall E

Today the kids and I are off to a movie to see Wall E . I will give an update later today. It is about how a young robot cleans up the earth. The kids seem to think that when something breaks we just have to throw it away. I think as a society we have gotten use to if something is broken we can throw it in the trash and not reusing it.
The kiddos also asked why we don't recycle. Our community does not. But, if we want we can bring the items on post or to another community. This week we will make our first attempt of recycle stops...1. best buy- electronics and batteries, 2. post- boxes and cans 3. ktown- glass and plastic.
This gives us something to do on Monday, Tues and Wed during therapy. I will update on how we do. We are using 2 old bins from the garage. Mrs. Dawn would be happy to see the dent in the garage after Shawn made a large Goodwill drop last weekend. He can look past the bins as long as it is not overflowing. He also is ready to get rid of the bag of batteries that don't work. I am looking into rechargeable. It is amazing how many we use with all the toys and electronics.
A green buy update-- I found these great bowls from HEB that are made of all recyclable materials by http://www.earthshell.com/. You can also buy from them online in large quantities- for super cheap! I payed about 8 cents per bowl and it was cheaper then my normal Dixie brand. I was super excited! I have microwaved food in them and they held up great. Finally, a slow down in dishes..which I cannot stand to do! Check it out ... a little goes a long way.

1 comment:

RedLegMeg said...

A dent in the garage?! You may have to take a picture for me... ;)