Thursday, September 04, 2008

Mommyville

Well, wow. Is all I can say. I have heard a supersad story that is just beyond me. A mom chooses to add to her family so now comes a baby. Super educated mom and dad with real income and experience in being parents. But, the sad part is that this mom is still at home with baby1 and the baby2 is in 12 hour a day daycare! I am for the need to have a break whether you work or stay at home. I also think a parent who works should not feel guilty about having to leave a baby. What do you say when neither of these apply? Thankfully Dad is there to drop off an pick up (they are not military either)and I will keep you posted on this.

Orignally I was going to blog about something else, but really this mommyille thing is where I am now. You know how the first time around everything is like the luvs commercial that says you start getting real.
You have rules like this
1. Everyone washes hands upon entering. You then wash hands before touching my little one and this will happen everytime. You also will get a squirt of anti-bacterial whenever I feel the need!
2. Absolutly no smoke smell on you, clothes, hair. Basically if you smoke just stay away from my baby.
3. When they are asleep do not ring my phone,door bell or anything else that could make noise.
4. Make sure anything that the baby wears is washed before putting it near the body.
5. Always wear a onesie whether hot or cold (I actually hated this one because it creates more laundry).
6. Sterilize everything and do not put it in the dishwasher because that would make life too simple.
7. Wear frumpy clothes because you will not leave the house anyway for fear of germs, kidnappings and other natural disasters.
8. Get ready to leave the house 2 hours before.
9. Pack everything in your diaperbag. Even things that baby will never use, but you just think its cute.
10. Never sleep when baby sleeps because you have other housework to be done.

Okay, so you know me people. This is not how i am with my kiddos. But, scary and true I was the above momma for all of 6 weeks. Then I got real. The only one that we kept because Mom-Mom insists that all babies wear onesies beneath their clothes until they are 2. ???????

Seriously though- I believe you need rules and a guide, but be human people. I think parenting is such a hard job, it needs to be serious and I know that everyone has different situations. I just don't get the rules we lay down. Why do we do it to ourselves? This is why I say get into a soap opera, 90210 or other "reality" shows. Take a breath and when you need help look to others that have been there. Even if its just to bounce an idea. If you want to vent then do not ask for help and then poo poo it away.

Its sad what we do to ourselves. You have to be strong for your kids and families. I love the saying- save the drama for your momma. If you want to complain then fine. But, please do not let the world suffer. Be tough and you can work through. I know that I learn and relearn this ALL the time. Plus, you are teaching very innocent eyes how to handle life. This is why when they are infants they say the baby can feel your stress.

Don't get me wrong ask Husker my silly rules that I now have now...ok here they are and you can laugh. I admit I am a weird rule making green girl.

1. Dog Leashes must be put up!!! A long story, but a definite danger for kids when they are playing dog because they can strangle themselves
2. Shut off and unplug everything. Save the Earth people.
3. Lock all bathroom doors so nothing gets flushed that is not suppose to go down the toliet.
4. No mismatched hangers and no wires.
5. Check the weather and get in the closet because a tornado is coming. (I don't think Dawn likes this one either because I would call to tell her,too.)

1 comment:

RedLegMeg said...

Have you checked the weather tonight?! Better safe than sorry, right? ;)