Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hypotonia - a vague diagnosis

So tu-tu buns is becoming such a little cutie but so much more typical of a two year old. So, when someone says wow you have lost some weight, I really attribute a lot of it from running after tu-tu buns. I guess when you have not gotten to run and have freedom you just have this need to run, explore and play. Its great but slightly frustrating when you constantly have to stop and run after them.

I have found a very impressive book given to me by tu-tu's OT- its the Out of Sync Child. Its great and I really wish I could have gotten it sooner. Amazing how many people have some degree of sensory issues. After reading it I feel we all have a little. Its how it affects us or puts limitations on normal functions that it needs to be addressed. I am really thankful to our wonderful therepists now.

Every day it seems I meet people who have a child with no known diagnosis or similar issues that we went through that makes me want to blog and get it out. Its hard when you don't know or you don't know of someone else who went through it. I find there are times I say If only I knew that...

First, the one thing I would have changed from the beginning...be very adament in getting one primary care doctor. If we could have had some continuity in care then they could have caught this early on instead of some random doctors thinking it was cystic fibrosis. If it was going to be an issue of the on post doctor rule - I would have fought tooth and nail to be referred off post due to our drs constantly changing due to deployments. Write to hospital command staff and have my hubby's command staff involved. I was too patient.

No comments: